Check out how you can avail the medicinal properties of healing leaves that may always be within your reach
- Cracked Heels: Extract juice of gainda /marigold leaves. Mix the juice in vaseline and apply it on the heels to soften the skin and close the cracks. This mix is also effective in combating dry skin.
- Ear Ache: A few drops of freshly ground marigold leaves juice is known to relieve ear pain.
- Toothache: Prepare a decoction with marigold leaves and gargle with it to rid oneself of toothache.
- Halitosis: To get rid of foul mouth odor, chew six to eight coriander leaves everyday.
- Face Mask: Ancient Indian herbalists prescribe a paste prepared by using five to six fresh banyan leaves and ten grams masoor (red pulse) to heal facial skin problems.
Arthritis: To get relieve an aching joints due to arthritis prepare a paste using some fresh guava leaves and apply. It is said to give considerable relief.
- Diabetes: Some herbalists recommend mango leaves to control diabetes. Take approximately 11 grams of shade dried leaves. Boil these in ½ litre water. Boil till the quantity of water is reduced to 1/4th. Strain and consume. Do this morning and evening for a few days or till the desired level of control is attained.
- Grey hair: Make a paste using leaves plucked off young mango tree stems. Apply on scalp covering the hair well. Regular application checks graying and promotes healthy hair growth.
- Jaundice: A popular home remedy for jaundice involves grinding fresh radish leaves, boiling the paste in water, straining the solution and giving it to the patient thrice a day.
- Anaemia: Including a simple vegetarian dish prepared by using mooli along with the leaves in your daily diet is said to be an excellent home remedy for anaemia.
Tulsi (Holy Basil)
- Brain Tonic: Consuming five basil leaves everyday is prescribed by ayurveda practitioners for healthy functioning of the brain.
- Oral Health: Extract some juice of holy basil leaves. Add some water, turmeric powder and rock salt. Mix well. Use it for gargling. It is effective in healing various mouth, teeth and throat ailments.
- Malaria Antidote: It is widely believed in rural areas that the decoction of tulsi leaves given every three or four hours proves to be an effective antidote for malaria.
- Ear Pain: Just two drops of fresh and warm tulsi leaves juice soothes and comforts an aching ear.