It is important to aim for a healthy weight. If you are overweight losing just 10 percent can improve your health
Exercises and Weight Management
- Be active for at least 30 minutes on most days of the week.
- Regular exercise is very important in weight control and has many health benefits.
- Good ways to exercise include walking, house work, sports, swimming and dancing.
- Engage in aerobic activities like jogging, swimming, jumping rope, or brisk walking or bicycling. Build up your activity level gradually over a period of several weeks.
- Exercise can raise your HDL (good cholesterol) level and makes the heart stronger.
- Lose weight gradually — 1/2 to 1 kilos per week.
Food Habits and Weight Loss
- Eat well and smaller portions. Follow dietary guidelines, eat more food that are lower in fat and calories.
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Do not go on fad diets. These can often hurt your health.